Welcome to the Alzheimer Society Research Portal
The Alzheimer Society Research Portal connects researchers with Canadians looking to participate in studies. This initiative will help to advance Canadian studies on Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias.
Participate in a study
How do I participate in a study?
To get involved in a specific study, please refer to the contact information on the studies listed below.
- Treatment study seeking participants with a diagnosis of Alzheimer's disease
- Speech and eye-tracking assessment seeking participants with a diagnosis of Alzheimer's disease, mild cognitive impairment or subjective memory complaints with diagnosis of cognitively normal following clinical consultation
- Treatment study seeking participants at early or moderate stage Alzheimer’s disease
- Exercise study seeking participants with mild cognitive impairment or mild Alzheimer's disease or caregivers
- Technology study seeking anyone who needs help with learning technology and has access to technology
- Transportation study seeking rural residents of Saskatchewan
Pharmaceutical and clinical trials are not included in the Alzheimer Society Research Portal. You can find these studies at www.clinicaltrials.gov.
Where can I learn more about participating in research?
Visit the Participating in research page on our website.
Researchers > find participants
Please note the ASRP Fluid Review site is temporarily closed from May 25, 2020 to June 5, 2020 for website updates. If you have any questions about research recruitment applications, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for alternative submission resources. We look forward to providing future ASRP applicants with an updated application submission platform and process.
How do I submit a study?
To submit a call for participants for your study, please complete and submit the online application form.
What information is included on the Research Portal?
Each study listing includes:
- a description of the study and its location;
- start and end dates;
- eligibility criteria; and
- contact information for those interested in participating in the study.
What types of studies are included in the Research Portal?
To be eligible, studies must be supported by the Alzheimer Society Research Program (ASRP) or other recognized funding agencies that have a formal committee review process. Studies related to pharmaceutical or biotechnology companies, marketing research firms or other for-profit enterprises are not eligible for posting on the Research Portal.
Please ensure that all requirements are met before submission.